Where Strategy Meets Action

Implementation is partly about an attitude: Just do it. It’s when strategy meets a bias toward action and thoughtful completion. People tend to get comfortable with process and reports. The great value of decentralized management is that you write a different kind of report when you know you have to make a decision or are handing it to the final decision maker, not just to a chain of people who keep passing it up the ladder.

When wise, accountable decision-making power is pushed deep within your organization, you energize everybody to be more efficient and do a better job. You develop a culture of making decisions and managing the consequences.

Remember: Success is only 10% based on strategy; the other 90% is implementation!

  • Does your organization enable rapid decision making?
  • What could you do to improve your decision-making ability?