The current dysfunction in the House of Representatives in Washington highlights the importance of effective decision-making and problem-solving.
Nonprofits are constantly faced with making difficult decisions for solving problems. Here is some advice:
- Agree on a definition of the problem
- Invite suggestions from all parties toward possible solutions
- Prioritize the proposed solutions
- Make a decision
- And manage the consequences
- Support decisions made until there is a need to change
So much can be achieved when we bring a positive attitude to the challenges we face. When you focus on solving problems, it shapes your attitude toward new ideas and how you put them to work. It’s more than just a “can-do” attitude; it’s a “let’s do” attitude. Let’s put our heads together and make this work.
Here’s to 2023, a year full of new achievements, and of problems solved.
- Do you use a defined problem-solving approach to help you move forward with new ideas?
- How can you adopt a “let’s do” approach to problem solving?