The other day I heard from the president of a local nonprofit. She shared with me what she has found are the keys to being a successful contributor to a nonprofit board. Here is her list:
- Always be on time
- Always be prepared
- Always be courteous
- Always pay attention to the views of others
- Always express appreciation for the work of others
- Always be willing to give credit to others
- Always make sure that everyone feels heard
- Always check in with people both as individuals and as professionals
- Always make yourself available to provide advice and guidance
- Always take the long view
I thought this list would be valuable to share with my readers, whether you’re on a board or working with a board.
- What would you add to this list?